Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another mystery.

Today I was pissed. Today I had one of those "why do I live here" moments. I woke up in a shitty mood and all i wanted to do was sit in my awesome pirate ship pool, listen to metal, and chill out.


(what it looked like before)


Instead, I walked out to this:


(after. Sorry about the quality, it was dark when i took the picture)


So i stomp inside, thinking maybe Jimmy deflated it for some reason. No. Supposedly, stray cats tore the shit out of it. Ugh. So instead I pouted and sat in my room all day and watched Rob Zombie movies. My day got a little better when a myspace message pointed me to a certain missed connection:

Block Party - m4w - 26 (Logan Square)



Reply to: pers-752942180@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-07-13, 1:19AM CDT


You had a sleeve, a sweet purple bike, and an even more awesome dog.




I wish I got your number.


  • Location: Logan Square
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


PostingID: 752942180




Yes,yes, yes. This is my first that I know about. That put me in a better mood, at least. After a trip to Target, where I broke the news to Jimmy about our pirate ship, we went in the backyard to investigate. We stared at the pool for a good minute, even mentioning how the grass was dead already before we noticed this:


(wtf)


So thank you to whoever broke our pool and then bought us a new one. Even Nate interrupted his 8 hour video game binge to come look. That brings up my next thought....what happened to Nate's shirt?



-Jamie

2 comments:

Jesse The Jealousy said...

a) this is my favorite new blog.
b) poor pirate ship, but that new one is the shit.
c) i miss being inside of you, house.
d) bye

kimballhouse said...

hahah yes yes yes! i miss you jesse!! - Jamie